I’ve heard it said that “readers are leaders.” I agree with that statement, however, it is important that we read worthwhile material. If you are interested in what I am reading this year, here is my 2016 reading list. I will be posting reviews for selected books throughout the year. I would also be glad to hear what you are reading as well. Enjoy!
Books I am currently reading:
- Nestle-Aland 28th Edition Greek New Testament
- The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Text and English Translations, by Michael Holmes
- Johnson, Dennis. Him We Proclaim: Preaching Christ From All of Scripture. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2007.
- Lloyd-Jones, Martyn. Preaching and Preachers. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1972.
- Ryken, Leland. How to Read the Bible as Literature. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1984.
- Gordon, David T. Why Johnny Can’t Preach: The Media Have Shaped the Messenger. Philipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2009.
- Kidd, Thomas. George Whitefield: America’s Spiritual Founding Father. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2014.
- Ferguson, Everett. Backgrounds of Early Christianity. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2003.
- Jobes, Karen H. 1 Peter. Baker Exegetical Commentary of the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2005.
- 4 Maccabees
- Letter of Aristeas
- Joseph and Asenath
- 1QS (The Community Rule)
- CD (The Damascus Document)
Books I have finished:
- The Text of the New Testament, by Bruce Metzger and Bart Ehrman