The gospel is the good news of God about Jesus Christ revealed in the Bible.
The gospel tells us who Jesus really is. He is the Jewish Messiah and the royal descendant of David, the virgin-born son of Mary, the only sinless person who ever lived, and the eternal Son of God – being literally God in human form
The gospel tells us what Jesus did. He preached and performed miracles for three years, he trained twelve men to be preachers of the gospel, was arrested and crucified in Jerusalem, rose from the dead three days later, and ascended to heaven from where he will soon return to earth.
The gospel exposes our greatest need; we are sinners who need to be saved from our sins, from God’s wrath, from death, and hell.
The gospel displays the only means of salvation for us; the atonement provided by the death and resurrection of Jesus. This free gift of redemption is available for all who believe.
The gospel demands a response of faith in Jesus Christ and repentance from sin.
Turn away from your sin
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” Mark 1:15
“The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent” Acts 17:30
Trust Jesus Christ alone for your salvation
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
“If you confess with your mouth ‘Jesus as Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved; one believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.” Romans 10:9-10
“For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
If you have genuinely been saved:
- You have been born again and are a new person in Christ (John 3:5-7, 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- You have been justified before God and all of your sins are forgiven (Romans 5:1)
- God’s grace will cause you to persevere as believer and you will not fall away from salvation. (John 10:28; Romans 8:1; Eph. 2:8, 9)
- You can be assured that Heaven is your eternal home. (John 14:1-4)
- You should join a local church and be baptized.
- Make Bible reading and prayer a daily discipline.
As a Christian, your life will be transformed by the Holy Spirit:
- You will have a desire to obey God (1 John 2:3-6)
- You will have a love for God’s people (1 John 3:14)
- You will have the presence of the Holy Spirit (1 John 4:12-13)
- You will have a personal faith in Jesus Christ (1 John 4:14-15)
- You will have assurance from the Bible (1 John 5:13)
- You will have deliverance from sin (1 John 5:18)
- You will have a personal relationship with God (1 John 5:18)
 Isa. 9:7; Jer. 23:5; Rom. 1:3-4; Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:34-35; John 7:18; 2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:15; Matt. 2:11, 14:33, John 1:1; 5:18, 14:9, 20:28; Rom. 9:5, Phil. 2:9-11, Col. 2:9; Tit. 2:13, Heb. 1:3, 6 Rev. 5:14.
 Mark 1:14-15; Acts 10:38; Matt. 10:1-4, Mark 3:13-19; Matt. 27:1-66; Mark 15:1-47; Luke 23:1-56; John 19:1-42; Matt. 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-53; John 20:1-21:25; Luke 21:27; Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Heb. 9:28.
 Romans 3:23; Matt. 1:21; Romans 5:9; James 5:20; Romans 6:23; Rev. 20:15.
 Romans 5:6; John 3:16-17.